Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Renal Ultrasound

On Thursday at 9:00 I will have my renal ultrasound. If all looks good I could have a written report as early as that afternoon, but all the doctors need to look so complete results could take a few days to a week. The nurse said today that the biggest hurdle is the vessels connecting correctly and that some people have tons which would just be to hard to do surgery on. So, I never thought I would be saying this but, pray I have the correct amount of renal arteries? Have a good day.

What is a renal ultrasound and renal arteriogram?

A renal ultrasound is an x-ray test that shows the size, number, position and structure of the kidneys. A renal arteriogram is an x-ray test that shows the number, size and location of the renal arteries (vessels that supply blood to the kidneys). A dye is injected into a large artery in the groin. This dye flows into the renal arteries so that they can be seen by x-ray.

1 comment: