Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Post Transplant Update Feb. 15 2012

Hello,

Here we are almost 2 weeks after surgery and we are still amazed with this entire process. Tyler is doing wonderful, he is not loving taking 30 some pills everyday, but as we explained to him it will eventually get to be lower doses. Also, it is been a challenge to explain that he cannot go out of the house and be around groups of people because as we all know 15 year old boys want to be on the go.

I am also feeling better each day and have to realize that I am 38 not 15 and my healing process will be slower. It is also hard to accept that I will feel great one day then the next day my pain is back again. Somewhat frustrating, but I guess I should take advantage of laying around!

Ty has been back twice to Children's already and will be going twice a week for a few months while they get all the medicine in order. I will go back next week so my doctor can check my kidney function and how well my incisions are healing. We have continued to be blessed with help from family and friends. Dinners, calls, cards etc. are all very much appreciated! Steve is taking very good care of us and has been on top of everything which makes the healing process easier. I will keep the updates coming.

Thanks,
Susanne and Steve, Ry and Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment