Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Post Transplant Update April 17, 2012

Hello,

I know I have not posted for a while, but that is just because everything is going very well!!!!!! It actually feels good to not update constantly haha. Anyway Tyler is doing wonderful and other than his WBC taking a few dips, he is adjusting to the kidney just fine.

Also, I myself just had another check up this past Friday and just this morning found out that all my blood work looks spectacular! My one kidney is doing perfect and my kidney function is considered to be the same as if I still had two! I would never wish this experience on anyone, but I will say it has made us stronger and more appreciative of health, family, friends, and just life in general. You never know what is around the corner so live for the day.

Also this past Friday, the doctor asked Tyler to speak with a twelve year old boy that just arrived at Children's from Toledo who was preparing for a deceased donor kidney transplant. I think God put him there at that specific time because this child also suffered from HSP just like Tyler. Dr. Goebel said Tyler and this other boy are the only two cases he knows of from Ohio that had kidney failure from this. Tyler is up there today for another check up and will be delivering him a little care package from us which includes a Cincinnati Reds hat so he always remembers someone in Cincy is praying for him.

April is donate life month and we just want to say please make sure you are an organ donor, people are saved everyday by your gift of life. Currently there are 91,000 waiting for a kidney alone and many others waiting on organ lists.  Please keep the prayers going and don't forget to keep praying for my nephew Logan as he continues to battle Leukemia.

Love to all,

The Murphy Family

No comments:

Post a Comment