Thursday, January 26, 2012

One week left....

Hello,

Well, the countdown is on. While Ty is doing dialysis this morning, I had my final blood cross match. It feels good to use the word final for the blood work. What I am thinking is around this time next Thursday they should just about be ready to take my kidney (give or take an hour) and put it in Tyler.

Our emotions are all over the place, but I would say we are all feeling great. The roller coaster ride has been long to say the least and we will have many more twists and turns to navigate for a long time, but we are just thankful that the waiting part is coming to an end.

Tyler has Monday and Wednesday left for dialysis because they want him to be in the best shape for Thursday. I will post next week and let everyone know the agenda for February 2nd. I was thinking today about a thing someone said to my sister Michelle; When hearing I was the donor for Tyler a woman said to her "She gets to give him the gift of life twice" what an amazing way to think about it! 

Thanks for all the continued support!

Steve,Susanne, Ryan and Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment