Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Update on results from my CT last week

Hello all,

Well, the nurse called today again and said the surgeon thinks I need further testing. They would want me to go see the doctor at University first, then she would send me to a Urologist who would further evaluate my left kidney to make sure it would function if they take my right.  The major dilemma is it could take another 2 months for all this to occur and in the meantime no one else would be going forward with more testing.

We will be running a major risk that if I end up not being able to donate, then by the time Steve goes forward and so on will Tyler's kidneys last long enough before transplant to not be forced to start dialysis? As we ponder this decision we are waiting for Ty's doctor to call with his opinion about it. His function has dropped so much in the past few months, we are hopeful he can at the very least tell us what he thinks we should do. I don't want to give up on being the donor myself, but the only person hurt in the long run is Tyler if we take the chance and he has to sit on dialysis. Ugh.... either way I go it just won't feel right. I am about 98% sure I will go on still, but that little part of me would never forgive myself if he ends up on those machines while we could have already been working on another donor.We will let everyone know when we here from the doctor and if I can get into these doctors any faster!
Susanne and Steve     

No comments:

Post a Comment