Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday December 16th

Hello,

I could not resist telling everyone what happened to me today when I went for my repeat Glucose screening. So, as you all know that is the only thing that he wanted to double check and as I sat there today and the girl took my blood she said come back in a half hour and drink this sugar drink in five minutes. When I went back at 9:30 to get blood drawn again I asked her why she was doing it another way. Well, she was in shock that on Tuesday the other girl made me drink two drinks and said she needed to call the manager of the lab and get this figured out.

With that, I was very upset and went to the doctors office window and told the nurse someone better tell me what is right and what is wrong because this isn't just a physical, this is my sons life we are talking about (they pulled me into the office so I did not create a scene) Next thing you know and man was there asking me what exactly happened? My response- Sir, what is exactly happened is your hospital did my tests wrong and you have the lab paper right in your hand, I would like your name, the lab girls name and any other name I may need to figure out who screwed up. And not to mention the fact that this could have eliminated me from giving my son a kidney. He said: I will have to investigate what happened and you will get a call: I said don't worry, YOUR HOSPITAL will be getting a call.

Then the doctor came out and told me if he would not have repeated the test he could have eliminated me yesterday and never known the difference!!!!!! Can you imagine that I could have been done because someone gave me all that extra sugar no wonder why my body did not get rid of it fast enough!!! If he gets the results back today he may be calling my tonight to tell me it is fine. So, now that I look like I stick needles in me for the fun of it, hopefully all the testing is over for me. Always be your own advocate, this could have put Tyler months waiting for someone else to do all the testing.

Have a good weekend
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment