Thursday, December 15, 2011

Results from my testing

Hello,

It's not over yet. So, here is the story.... I spent about an hour with the doctor today and I am in great health. My health history is wonderful and all my blood work looks great also. My EKG and chest x-rays were great, I have no history of any problems with my Kidneys. The only thing he wants to retest is my glucose. Since we do have diabetes type 2 in the family, he just wants to make sure.

My numbers were within normal range, but at the highest normal. They just have to be 100% so I do not have problems in the future ( which of course I told him I really don't care about that haha) However, today they did a finger prick and I was perfectly normal. So, my thoughts are considering I did not know I was getting a glucose screening on Tuesday, that the pop, coffee with cream and sugar, big boy meal from Frischs with a coke and topped off with a piece of apple pie Monday night before nine may have raised my sugar somewhat lol!

Also, there was some protein in my urine test on Tuesday, but none today. So to sum things up this is what is next. He tried to tell me we would retest again in one to two weeks, and after I cried right in front of him and told him I cannot possibly wait that long, he had a change of heart and has me repeating my glucose test in the morning and then checking my protein again on Tuesday.

By late Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday he will call me to tell me 100% yes or no. I am in really good spirits and believe this is just a minor bump in the road and I will be the donor based on the rest of my results. I asked him if I was allowed to have beer tonight because I could really use a drink and he was laughing and said that is perfectly fine! Otherwise I will be making it my mission to have nothing with sugar in it today!!!!!!!

Love to all and thanks for the continued support!!!

Susanne and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment